none
MQSeries - queue manager cannot be started RRS feed

• Question

• I'm at a client that has Dev, QA, and Prod all running on the same MQ Server, but does have 3 different BizTalk Servers.  We have plans to fix that, but it will take a few months, and for today, I need to learn how to deal with the existing environment.

I was having problems with one of our vendor feeds, and was going to start and restart one of the DEV queue managers.  It stopped, and now will not start.

AMQ8041: The queue manager cannot be restarted or deleted because processes,
    that were previously connected, are still running.
    Process 1884 is still running.
    AMQ7018: The queue manager operation cannot be completed.

Process 1884 is the BizTalk dllhost.exe.  Can I kill it?  Will it restart?  What impact will that have on the Prod Queue Managers? 

The old BT2002 white paper on MQ mentions an MMC snap-in.  Does that exist with BT2010 on the MQ machine?

Thanks,
    Neal Walters

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:11 PM

All replies

• I eventually did attempt to kill the process.  I'm not sure if it didn't die, or another popped up immediately (I didn't make a note of the process number at that time).  Thus I had to reboot the MQ Server.

Neal

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Hi Neal,

Currently, I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this issue for help. Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com. Microsoft One Code Framework

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hey Lloyd, got this error again today.  Did the ball drop on getting me some help there?
    Neal

Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:48 PM
  • Is this actually Host Integration Server (HIS) related?

Also, could you provide the link to the white paper you mentioned?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:22 PM