none
Help wanted, newb downloaded Visual Studio yesterday RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloaded visual studio yesterday and have no coding experience (give me a break), but can navigate through windows hierarchy and other basics. After installing, I then installed the devexpress demo. I tried to open a calculator app template and now every program on my computer is associated with microsoft visual. All the icons (except adobe) are the visual studio icon, and when i click on say google chrome, visual opens and chrome does not. I dont want to mess around/make anything worse. I'm sure your aware how diverse this program is, I'm not even sure where to start. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. Also, any good suggestions for tutorials?(nobullshit). Thanks

Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Before somebody more experienced answers, I should suggest you verify whether the installation program created a restoration point, and if yes return to that thanks to the Windows restoration functions.

After that, it is quite probable you need to reinstall Visual Studio. Then, have an attentive look at the asked questions, and when you are proposed to associate Visual Studio with files types, do not check too many ;)

I guess the projects type associated to your preferred language (*.csproj for csharp) and solution files (*.sln) should do it to begin with.

Monday, December 16, 2013 2:11 PM