Question: Localizing Images in Visual Studio 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1654307313 posted
    Hey.

I've created a website that is available in both english and italian.

I've gotten the page translated and the text portion works fine.

However, I have a couple images that needed to be translated because they contained some text so I have an english version of the image and an italian version of the image.

How do I go about localizing these images and displaying it on my page based on the browser default language?

I went into my english resource file, then instead of the "strings" view, I went to" images" and simply dragged the english version of the image into this window. I did the same in my italian resource file except I dragged the italian image over.

My question is this... how do I call the image into my .aspx page?

thanks

Friday, May 19, 2006 10:58 AM

All replies

• User83354550 posted

Hi, the quickest and easiest way to do this is to actualy store the images as Global Resources, not local. Take the following action:

• Create a global resource file as you have local ones, in a global resource folder.
    • Enter the files and type an identifying string such as "HeaderLogo"
    • In the next column enter the url of the image (i.e. I have all project images in my project within a folder called "IMG")
    • Do the same for the other language.
    • Go to your aspx page
    • Place some image tags on your page where you wish to display.
    • For each image, go into its properties and click on "Expressions".
    • A box will appear for your image
    • Find the 'Navigate URL' option
    • Set the 'ClassKey' to the name of your resource file (just the text, no file extension or text you have specified a language with E.G page: resource.hi-IN.resx become resource).
    • For the resource key, this will be the entry text you placed in the resource file ("HeaderLogo")

Thats it, done. Let me know if it works.

Tom

Thursday, February 8, 2007 9:08 AM
  • User83354550 posted

I ment 'Image URL' not 'Navigate URL'

Cheers

Thursday, February 8, 2007 9:09 AM