How to keep the paragraph minimizing by providing read more link to that paragraph in windows8 apps using xaml,c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am developing windows8 app for FirstAidEmergency Guide. Similar app I have seen in apple store. So I want to implement same UI design here also, like they have given procedure and given "learn more" link to view more info and also they have displayed Questions and by click on that answer is displaying.

For that I am using SampleDataSource for keeping all the information and binding data to controls in xaml. Is there any controls or any other way to display info like in apple store app.

If anyone knows please help me.
        Thanks in advance

• Edited by Anusha V Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:11 AM

Answers

• You should be able to achieve everything you describe, but you don't give specific enough details to give concrete advice.

It sounds like you are just getting started with Windows Store app development. I'd suggest running through the tutorial at Create your first Windows Store app using C# or Visual Basic and then go through the documentation at Developing apps (C#/C++/VB).

The Creating a UI sections will help explain what controls are available and how to use them. The Data Binding section will also be useful. You will probably want to bind your questions and answers section so the displayed answer automatically comes up when the question is selected.

--Rob

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:46 PM
  • Hi ,

In addition with Anusha take a look at Callisto Project from Tim which is free and has an example of what you want.

You can add it to your project using the nuget manager .

The link for more information is here https://github.com/timheuer/callisto

It includes and the sources too.

thank you

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:03 AM

All replies

• You should be able to achieve everything you describe, but you don't give specific enough details to give concrete advice.

It sounds like you are just getting started with Windows Store app development. I'd suggest running through the tutorial at Create your first Windows Store app using C# or Visual Basic and then go through the documentation at Developing apps (C#/C++/VB).

The Creating a UI sections will help explain what controls are available and how to use them. The Data Binding section will also be useful. You will probably want to bind your questions and answers section so the displayed answer automatically comes up when the question is selected.

--Rob

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:46 PM
  • Hi ,

In addition with Anusha take a look at Callisto Project from Tim which is free and has an example of what you want.

You can add it to your project using the nuget manager .

The link for more information is here https://github.com/timheuer/callisto

It includes and the sources too.

thank you

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:03 AM