AZURE VM Shutdown unexpected with event id 6008 RRS feed

• Question

• Today my Azure vm shutdown unexpectedly when I review the event log there is event id 6008. How I know the exact reson of shutdown
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Event ID 6008 indicates that the previous system shutdown at Time on Date was unexpected.

I suggest you to check the Operation Logs from the Portal to understand the cause of the unexpected shut down. However if you are unable to figure it and if you would like to understand the root cause of this unexpected shutdown, we might have to diagnose further for which we require more information including Subscription ID and Log Reports.

Microsoft respects Customer Data Privacy and hence would not recommend you to share the same on public forum.

Request you to log a support ticket for the same

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Sowmya

• Marked as answer by Sowmya K R Monday, January 19, 2015 1:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Event ID 6008 indicates that the previous system shutdown at Time on Date was unexpected.

I suggest you to check the Operation Logs from the Portal to understand the cause of the unexpected shut down. However if you are unable to figure it and if you would like to understand the root cause of this unexpected shutdown, we might have to diagnose further for which we require more information including Subscription ID and Log Reports.

Microsoft respects Customer Data Privacy and hence would not recommend you to share the same on public forum.

Request you to log a support ticket for the same

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Sowmya

• Marked as answer by Sowmya K R Monday, January 19, 2015 1:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:38 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, the shutdown that you have noticed in the event log may be due to the Windows Azure platform deploying an update that required a reboot of the physical machine to provides a reliable, efficient and secure platform for hosting your applications. This type pre-maintenance notification is provided to users who have VMs which are not running in an availability set.

You can check if you have received the notification with the Account administrators. Besides, it is recommended to add VMs into availability sets if you don’t want the VMs shutdown at the same time.  

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 2, 2015 8:40 AM