SSMA for sybase 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering about the way to turn the ansi_padding off in SSMA for sybase 2008 ?
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:48 AM

Answers

• I don't remember if that is something you can set in SSMA, check the project and global settings to see if you find anything there.

That aside, remember that your ODBC and OLEDB providers have ANSI settings also which means regardless of what your serverside setting is, the data is already padded if you have it ON at the provider level. Suggest you look into that first if you really want to turn it off.

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. - Aristotle
    • Marked as answer by WeiLin Qiao Monday, June 13, 2011 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:43 PM

All replies

• This is a SQL Server forum, not a Sybase forum.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:21 AM
  • I don't remember if that is something you can set in SSMA, check the project and global settings to see if you find anything there.

That aside, remember that your ODBC and OLEDB providers have ANSI settings also which means regardless of what your serverside setting is, the data is already padded if you have it ON at the provider level. Suggest you look into that first if you really want to turn it off.

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. - Aristotle
    • Marked as answer by WeiLin Qiao Monday, June 13, 2011 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:43 PM