transfer data to healthvault records RRS feed

• Question

• hey ,

i have database , and i wanna transfer data for specific patients in this database to their records in the healthvault  , i have read that i have to create identity code and shared secret , then the application that used that database sends email to the patient which redirect it to healthvault in order to enter his identity code ..

i wanna  know , how healthvault deals with that identity and shared secret to get the data from the application , how do it know which application to take data from , and how confirm the identity code and shared secret with those in the email ?

thank u for ur help

best regards
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:43 PM

Answers

• Are you talking about the Pickup drop off paradigm?

Assuming you are, the link between the data you export to Healthvault and the final destination record does not exist when you export data.

It is assumed that who ever gets the DOPU packet correctly (by way of the identity code) chooses the destination record to import data to.

To be specific, you identify a user in the database, create a package in HealthVault for his health information, send a identity code to the user's email.   Now, the user can authroize this package to be imported to any record he has access to.  Your application cannot restrict or specifiy that it should be only imported to a specific record.

HTH

Raj
    Raj HealthVault Developer Tool http://xray.getrealconsulting.com
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:55 PM
  • Hello,

Please refer to this link for more details. The page also provides a sample application that you can try running.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:57 PM

All replies

• Are you talking about the Pickup drop off paradigm?

Assuming you are, the link between the data you export to Healthvault and the final destination record does not exist when you export data.

It is assumed that who ever gets the DOPU packet correctly (by way of the identity code) chooses the destination record to import data to.

To be specific, you identify a user in the database, create a package in HealthVault for his health information, send a identity code to the user's email.   Now, the user can authroize this package to be imported to any record he has access to.  Your application cannot restrict or specifiy that it should be only imported to a specific record.

HTH

Raj
    Raj HealthVault Developer Tool http://xray.getrealconsulting.com
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:55 PM
  • Hello,

Please refer to this link for more details. The page also provides a sample application that you can try running.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 4:57 PM