none
What is the filename & path for Outlook 2010 (local) contact form template RRS feed

• Question

• Problem: A user can not read the font in her Outlook 2010 contacts on a local machine.

Solution: I have enabled the Developer tab and created a Contacts form with 11pt. font in every data field.

Questions:

Can I save this form as a template which will open with the existing contacts? Regardless, what filename & path do I use?

Or am I going to have to export all her contacts in csv, then delete all her contacts, and import the csv? It's not problem if that's what it takes; I just want to make sure before I do it.

Thanks!

Saturday, January 30, 2016 6:15 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Forms are associated with Outlook items based on the message class values (see the MessageClass property of Outlook items). You need to change the default message class of your contacts to the value associated with your custom form. In that case contacts will be opened using your new form.

Saturday, January 30, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

>>What is the filename & path for Outlook 2010 (local) contact form template

The templates of Outlook 2010 is stored the files based on the OS you use. Here is the exact path you can refer:

Windows 7 and Windows Vista     drive:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

Windows XP     drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

You can refer more detail about default the configuration for the Outlook 2010 from link below:

Where does Microsoft Outlook 2010 save my information and configurations?

>>Can I save this form as a template which will open with the existing contacts? Regardless, what filename & path do I use?

Please refer to the suggestion provide by Eugene and more detail about creating form in Outlook you refer to link below:
    Create an Outlook Form

>>Problem: A user can not read the font in her Outlook 2010 contacts on a local machine.

Did you use the custom font to display content in the control? If I understood correctly, the others also need to install that font to make sure the form display well.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Forms are associated with Outlook items based on the message class values (see the MessageClass property of Outlook items). You need to change the default message class of your contacts to the value associated with your custom form. In that case contacts will be opened using your new form.

Saturday, January 30, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

>>What is the filename & path for Outlook 2010 (local) contact form template

The templates of Outlook 2010 is stored the files based on the OS you use. Here is the exact path you can refer:

Windows 7 and Windows Vista     drive:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

Windows XP     drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

You can refer more detail about default the configuration for the Outlook 2010 from link below:

Where does Microsoft Outlook 2010 save my information and configurations?

>>Can I save this form as a template which will open with the existing contacts? Regardless, what filename & path do I use?

Please refer to the suggestion provide by Eugene and more detail about creating form in Outlook you refer to link below:
    Create an Outlook Form

>>Problem: A user can not read the font in her Outlook 2010 contacts on a local machine.

Did you use the custom font to display content in the control? If I understood correctly, the others also need to install that font to make sure the form display well.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:50 AM