ODBC drivers missing for Access,excel,oracle etc when trying to create any new system/user DSN through ODBC data source administrator RRS feed

• Question

• When i am trying to create any new System/User DSN drivers corresponding to all the databases except SQL server is not showing up in the wizard in ODBC data source administrator. I am using windows 7 , 64 bit machine
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi JayDev05,

Since the operation system is 64-bit version, the default version of ODBC Data Source Administrator is 64-bit on the control panel and only list 64-bit version of drivers can be listed. To enumerate all 32-bit drivers such as Access, you can run the ODBC Data Source Administrator with 32-bit version which allocates at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe by default.

For more information: Windows 7 RC ODBC Access driver.

Best Regards,
    Stephanie Lv

Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi JayDev05,

Since the operation system is 64-bit version, the default version of ODBC Data Source Administrator is 64-bit on the control panel and only list 64-bit version of drivers can be listed. To enumerate all 32-bit drivers such as Access, you can run the ODBC Data Source Administrator with 32-bit version which allocates at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe by default.

For more information: Windows 7 RC ODBC Access driver.

Best Regards,
    Stephanie Lv

Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:44 AM
  • Thank you so much. i have been looking for this answer with no success.

thanks for sharing your knowledge.

very usefull

Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Stephanie Lv,

Thanks for the info. you've made my day.

karthik

Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Hi Stephanie, 

Thanks a lot for the info.

Regards,

Madhu 

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:37 AM
  • Thanks so much. Huge help. Thanks for sharing.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:49 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I have the same issue but I have nothing in both 32 and 64bit versions of the admin console.  Is there a way to restore this?

Thank you

Brad Mitzel

Friday, July 6, 2018 2:31 PM