none
HCK 2.1 for driver Certification Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Since WHCK 2.0 are retired, I switch to WHCK 2.1 to run testing my kernel
    drivers on tablet PC.
    Howerver, the "Device Manager" tab in HCK Studio is empty so I can not choose my
    drivers for test.
    This only happen with the tablet (Windows 7 Pro x64). Run the HCK on desktop
    computer (same OS) the "Device Manager" show all the driver needed!
    Is this issue just happen with the tablet PC? If so my drivers cannot be check
    by WHCK 2.1? because the WHCK 2.0 works fine with this tablet.

Pls help.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi MSFT guys, Any idea or suggestion for the issue? Pls help.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:16 AM
  • Hi Tran,

Please uninstall all the components of HCK 2.O kit from OS like WPTx64,Application Verifier, WDTF and HCK Client. Restart the tablet and install all 4 components for HCK 2.1 . make sure delete all previous instances of this machine from HCK 2.1. after installing HCK 2.1 client, check the machine in Default pool.

Thanks,

Mudit

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:22 AM
  • Thanks Mudit for reply,

I tried re-image Windows on tablet and installed new HCK 2.1 client , we also installed HCK 2.1 controller on new Server but it did not help to resolve.

Do you think it's problem between the tablet vs HCK 2.1?

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:32 AM
  • Hi Tran,

please check the firewalls and also ping between both is working fine or not. If everything is fine from your side, you can contact sysdev@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Mudit

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:37 AM
  • Mudit,

I did that but still not work. I can see the tablet in pool and change its status to Ready. I can select the tablet as target of testing but I want to test and create package for my drivers on device manager tab. There is no drivers installed there, just an empty list.

Note that I can do driver testing if I installed my drivers on Windows 8 on same tablet.

Anw, I opened a case at caseemail@Microsoft.com and waiting resolution from them.

Thanks,

Khanh.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Hi Tran,

Please check in the 'hidden' and 'inbox' check box in 'Selection' tab.

Thanks,

Mudit

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:12 AM
  • I did the settings already but not help! Thanks Mudit.

Let me explain more:

The tablet is designed for Windows 8 but my customer want to run Windows 7 on it. We need to write some drivers to support touch, sensors, stylus.... functions.

We did testing and create HCKX package with HCK 2.0 for our drivers but as you known HCK 2.0 is retired so we had to do testing and create package with HCK 2.1.

We got issue that when we went to device manager tab to select our drivers testing, there is no drivers was listed there (include driver from MS).

Let me know if you have experience on the issues.

Thanks so much,

Khanh Tran.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:21 AM
  • Hi Tran,

if your driver is not listing in Device Manager in tablet, then obviously it'll not list in HCK too. Please verify that if your tablet supports touch, sensors functionality for Windows 7. also please  check , if it's any yellow bang in 'Other Devices' in Device Manager. If you are seeing yellow bangs, then it could be your device.

Thanks,

Mudit

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:56 AM
  • Sorry, I mean device manager tab in HCK 2.1 Studio. Our drivers work well after installed, we can use finger, stylus, ambient light and rotation screen now. Just last thing remaining that we need to pass HCK 2.1 testing to submit an HCKX package to MS Dashboard.

Thanks,

Khanh Tran

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:03 AM