How can I set the store display name to another language RRS feed

• Question

• I have reserved an other name (for Chinese) in Dashboard, and add the same name in Resources.resw then set ms-resource:appDisplayName in Package.appxmanifest.

Every thing is OK, but when it published, the store App name displayed on the Chinese system is still English (while descriptions are Chinese).

How can I set the store display name to another language ?

• Edited by Raptor K Friday, November 30, 2012 9:34 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 9:33 AM

Answers

• It would be best to contact support if you are still having this issue so we can look at your app in the dashboard.

-Eric

• Marked as answer by Raptor K Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:45 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:49 AM

All replies

• +1 I also want to know if it's possible and if so how?
    Friday, November 30, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Hello,

I have reserved two names for my app. One is in Chinese, another is in English.

Is there a way to display Chinese name in China market and display English name in US market?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:39 AM
  • You can reserve multiple names for an app at the Windows Store.  When you publish a package to the Store, all values of the token string that you’ve created for the DisplayName element in the package manifest must match the names that you’ve reserved for the app at the Store. Otherwise, a validation error will appear when you upload the package to the Store.

This article explains how to localize the name in your app code:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh454044.aspx

-Eric

Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:58 AM
  • I localized the resources and reserved names, it now display Japanese/Chinese names in PC's start menu (CORRECT), but still only English name in the market(WRONG).

Any other work I should do?

• Edited by Raptor K Friday, December 7, 2012 2:09 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 2:08 AM
  • It would be best to contact support if you are still having this issue so we can look at your app in the dashboard.

-Eric

• Marked as answer by Raptor K Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:45 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:49 AM