Azure SQL Manage Instance and managed identity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to connect Azure WebApp securly with Azure SQL managed instance using managed identity. So i can see that i can enable managed identity on WebApp and then enable AD admin on SQL Managed instance. After that if I am correct i will have to create users within SQL itself using 'CREATE USER ...FROMEXTERNAL PROVIDER. 

My queston is.... Is this configuration correct and supported? Based on MS article that kind of setup is in public preview but i woul like to know if i am correct here or if there is different way? CAn someone advise please?

Microsoft doc says ....

---

SQL Managed Instance supports traditional SQL Server database engine logins and logins integrated with Azure AD. Azure AD server principals (logins) (public preview) are an Azure cloud version of on-premises database logins that you are using in your on-premises environment.

---

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/managed-instance/sql-managed-instance-paas-overview#azure-active-directory-integration-and-multi-factor-authentication

Appriciate any help

Regards,

Pav

• Edited by PavH Thursday, August 6, 2020 6:54 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2020 6:49 AM