How to send ListView's data to member email RRS feed

• Question

• User-1166428634 posted

Hi All,

I am displaying a list where Members information displays accoding to there requirement. Search  it working fine. What I want  to send the searched data to Members email automatically [as per there requirment]. I do not understand how to send displayed data from ListView via email.

Thanks

Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:02 AM

Answers

• User-933407369 posted

hi Silverlight,

if you use the method below, then it is not easy to send the searched data to Members email automatically [as per there requirment].

<a href='mailto:<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Email")%>'>click</a><br />

I suggest you to add a button control , seems  like below:

<ItemTemplate><br />
       <asp:Button ID="btnSend" CommandName="SendEmail" CommandArgument='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ID")%>' runat="server" 
    Text="SendEmail" OnClick="btnSend_Click" />
     </ItemTemplate>

And then you can write your code to send the searched data to Members email automatically [as per there requirment].

protected void btnSend_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                //send the searched data to Members email automatically [as per there requirment]
                 //get members information displays accoding to there requirement
                    //....
                    //send mail , you can search on google or bing
            }

i hope it helps you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 5:00 AM
  • User-1166428634 posted

Actually using your code everytime my MS-Outlook was opening... and mine outlook is not configured. But thanks for reply.

I found the solution here :

http://www.aspdotnet-suresh.com/2012/09/how-to-send-gridview-in-email-body-in.html

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:33 AM

All replies

• User-933407369 posted

hi Silverlight,

if you use the method below, then it is not easy to send the searched data to Members email automatically [as per there requirment].

<a href='mailto:<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Email")%>'>click</a><br />

I suggest you to add a button control , seems  like below:

<ItemTemplate><br />
       <asp:Button ID="btnSend" CommandName="SendEmail" CommandArgument='<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ID")%>' runat="server" 
    Text="SendEmail" OnClick="btnSend_Click" />
     </ItemTemplate>

And then you can write your code to send the searched data to Members email automatically [as per there requirment].

protected void btnSend_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                //send the searched data to Members email automatically [as per there requirment]
                 //get members information displays accoding to there requirement
                    //....
                    //send mail , you can search on google or bing
            }

i hope it helps you.

Monday, October 21, 2013 5:00 AM
  • User-1166428634 posted

Actually using your code everytime my MS-Outlook was opening... and mine outlook is not configured. But thanks for reply.

I found the solution here :

http://www.aspdotnet-suresh.com/2012/09/how-to-send-gridview-in-email-body-in.html

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:33 AM