GATT Server Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just started moving a simple service from a BLED dongle to the newish Windows 10 GATT Server and a few questions came up.

• I can set up my service just fine, but would want to manipulate the advertisement package, especially adding manufacturer data to it and changing the localname. Is it at all possible or planned for a future update?
    • I want to get notified not only when a characteristic gets subscribed to but also when a connection/disconnect is made
    • I want to have only one user connected/subscribed at a time, I can keep track of subscriptions but would like to deny a connection/subscription. GattSession.Close() seems to be missing
    • I am using nRF Connect to test my service and see weird behavior. Once I connect I do not see the advertisement anymore. If I disconnect I still do not see it again and have to restart my application for it to show. According to AdvertisementStatusChanged advertising should not have stopped or faulted.
    • If I disconnect a client I do not get SubscribedClientsChanged fired. I have to unsubscribe first. This makes me lose track of the subscribed clients if one just fails (battery for example or crashes)

Would be great if someone has some answers for me :)

Friday, December 1, 2017 2:17 AM

All replies

• Hi smokingfish ps,

Thank you for posting here.

>>I can set up my service just fine, but would want to manipulate the advertisement package, especially adding manufacturer data to it and changing the localname. Is it at all possible or planned for a future update?

You could upload you requirement on UserVoice. The support team will consider what you want.

Microsoft UserVoice  https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public

>>I want to get notified not only when a characteristic gets subscribed to but also when a connection/disconnect is made

When you get connection/disconnection, you could call SubscribedClientsChanged event.

>>I want to have only one user connected/subscribed at a time, I can keep track of subscriptions but would like to deny a connection/subscription. GattSession.Close() seems to be missing

I suggest that you could make a list to record the user, and then make a judgement. If there is more than one user to could do something.

>>If I disconnect a client I do not get SubscribedClientsChanged fired. I have to unsubscribe first. This makes me lose track of the subscribed clients if one just fails (battery for example or crashes)

You could make a remind like message before disconnect to unsubscribe.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:35 AM
  • Hi smokingfish ps,

Any update?

If your question has been solved, please mark the useful reply as answer to close the thread. This will make answer searching easier in the forum and be beneficial to community members.

If you have something else about this issue, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 1:25 AM