Using Logic Apps When I new tweet is posted. Tweet text is truncating RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with the when a new tweet is posted twitter API. Im using it to get tweets but tweet text is truncating

So its coming through 

But here you can see its cut off young pe.... and it should be young people.  Can anyone help on this one? This is right at the twitter connector level.

Debbie

Monday, March 4, 2019 9:52 AM

Answers

• I believe the Twitter Connector uses the Standard Twitter Search API along with your user context access token (which is retrieved when you login with your twitter account) which seems to require an extra parameter - tweet_mode=extended - as documented here because they've extended the character limit later on.

I guess this isn't being sent by the Twitter Connector as of today.

The workaround for this would be to use a HTTP Connector and call the Search API manually but please do also open a feature request on UserVoice for it to be implemented in the official connector as well.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:01 AM

All replies

• I believe the Twitter Connector uses the Standard Twitter Search API along with your user context access token (which is retrieved when you login with your twitter account) which seems to require an extra parameter - tweet_mode=extended - as documented here because they've extended the character limit later on.

I guess this isn't being sent by the Twitter Connector as of today.

The workaround for this would be to use a HTTP Connector and call the Search API manually but please do also open a feature request on UserVoice for it to be implemented in the official connector as well.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:01 AM
  • I've added as a suggestion. I cant believe they havent resolved this yet. It seems like a fairly urgent one to stop tweets from truncating

Debbie

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 11:01 AM
  • I have checked internally and this is indeed supported already. The problem that you see, seems to be specific for retweets which is by design for the Twitter API itself.

For retweets, you should be able to access OriginalTweet.TweetText instead.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 8:57 AM