none
project server 2010: changing the project owner using PSI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to change the project owner of a project using the PSI. This is how I am currently doing it:

project.CheckOutProject(newProjectGuid , sessionId, "");

SvcProject.ProjectDataSet projectds = project.ReadProject(newProjectGuid, SvcProject.DataStoreEnum.WorkingStore);

projectds.Project[0].ProjectOwnerID = PM_Guid;
    projectds.Project[0].PROJ_INFO_START_DATE = projectStartDate;

Guid jobId = Guid.NewGuid();
    project.QueueUpdateProject(jobId, sessionId, projectds, false);
    WaitForQueue(q, jobId);

jobId = Guid.NewGuid();
    project.QueueCheckInProject(jobId, newProjectGuid, false, sessionId, "");
    WaitForQueue(q, jobId); 

However, the problem is that when the project contains a lot of tasks, I get the ProjectExceededItemsLimit error. I have found a method in the PSI "QueueUpdateProjectImpacts" which I think can change the project owner and start and finish date. However, I am not sure of this and I am not able to figure out how the "QueueUpdateProjectImpacts" method is used. Is it possible to change the project owner and other project information using the "QueueUpdateProjectImpacts" method? How? If not, is there another way to change the project owner?

Thanks,
    George 

Monday, May 9, 2011 12:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi geo_d,

the method QueueUpdateProjectImpacts has, as parameter, projectImpactDataSet dataset. In this dataset there's not ProjectOwnerID field in the datatables.

Again, in your code, you must publish project for have all DB with the same value.

I hope this can helps you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:15 PM
  • This Error you might have got because 

When you create or update a project, the PSI can process up to 1000 rows of data at the same time. If the total number of rows of new or updated data in all tables of ProjectDataSet exceeds 1000, the PSI returns the ProjectExceededItemsLimit error.

When creating a ProjectDataSet..::..TaskRow, you must specify TASK_DUR_FMT. Otherwise, later use of the project in Project Professional can result in unpredictable behavior, including possible data loss.

Any changes made to enterprise resource properties in ProjectDataSet..::..ProjectResourceRow will be lost the next time Project Professional refreshes the data from Project Server.

As per SDK.

Hope this helps

Regards, Sujit - MCTS
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:14 AM