locked
Error when submitting app RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have this issue,

    I have a published app (wp 8) and now I created a universal app (wp 8.1) and Im also updating my previous wp 8 app. When I try to submit my wp8.1 package it says Pusblisher name is incorrect that it needs to be the same name that in my account. Ok, I go and change it in the wp 8.1 app manifest. Try to upload again and now its says it is incorrect because it needs to be the publisher name that appears in the dashboard-> app info (CN=3892138-XXX-XXX-XXXX). So this is a loop and I can't update my app :(. Does anybody knows what to do in this case?

    Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:40 AM

Answers

  • Hi. I have this issue too. I found next decision:

    1. Open *.xap in archive program (I used 7-zip)

    2. Find AppxManifest.xml

    3. Open this file for edit and change incorrect publisher name to correct one.

    It's hack, but it's working for me.


    P.S. There isn't incorrect publisher name in my project settings. And I have no idea where it came from

    • Marked as answer by Vidal Dz Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:44 PM

All replies

  • Did you create a windows store account also?
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:31 PM
  • @Ken Tucker: Yes, I had the app in both stores Windows and Windows phone as individual apps. I wanted to unify them in this release by using the universal App sdk until I hit this error.
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:09 PM
  • Nobody else? any idea?
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:58 PM
  • Hi. I have this issue too. I found next decision:

    1. Open *.xap in archive program (I used 7-zip)

    2. Find AppxManifest.xml

    3. Open this file for edit and change incorrect publisher name to correct one.

    It's hack, but it's working for me.


    P.S. There isn't incorrect publisher name in my project settings. And I have no idea where it came from

    • Marked as answer by Vidal Dz Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:44 PM
  • Just FYI, I gave a thought to what Pizhon answered and managed to get it running in this way:

    -Right click Package.AppManifest and click on show code.

    -Change the publisher to what appears on your dashboard CN="dXXX-XXX-XXX"

    -Change the display name to your developer account name.

    Its weird that there is no way to change the publisher in the designer view. Anyway, hope this help, Im marking Pizhon as the solution as he was the one who pointed me in the right direction.

    Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:01 AM