none
how to show hidden bookmarks? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I found out that bookmarks can be made hidden if the first letter of its name is an underscore.  Now I am wondering how I can either see the hidden bookmarks again or have them appear in the list of objects in the properties window.  I have read there is a property of the Bookmarks collection to show them.  (Bookmarks.Showhidden).  However, I don't know where to access this property in the UI.  (I have made an assignment to Showhidden in the thisDocument_startup event, but after starting and closing the project, I still don't see the bookmarks with an underscore as the first letter.)

Does anyone know how to either set the Showhidden property or otherwise see the hidden bookmarks?

Monday, September 21, 2015 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hi ScottMDGov,

Base on my test, the bookmark that start with underscore (_) won’t show the text.

To show bookmarks, we could use View.ShowBookmarks property.

The UI action for Bookmarks.Showhidden property is in Bookmark window.

1. Select Insert tab
    2. Click Bookmark in Links tab, the Bookmark window will display
    3. There is a checkbox of Hidden bookmarks

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by ScottMDGov Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:16 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi ScottMDGov,

Base on my test, the bookmark that start with underscore (_) won’t show the text.

To show bookmarks, we could use View.ShowBookmarks property.

The UI action for Bookmarks.Showhidden property is in Bookmark window.

1. Select Insert tab
    2. Click Bookmark in Links tab, the Bookmark window will display
    3. There is a checkbox of Hidden bookmarks

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by ScottMDGov Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:16 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:05 AM
  • Thanks Starain!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:17 PM