none
WSS 3.0 Alerts Fail - Timer Error RRS feed

• Question

• I did a pristine install of WSS 3.0 on Windows Server 2003 back in March and my WSS has been working great. About 2 weeks ago the Alerts stopped coming through and I did an investigation to find out that they were still actually making it to the SMTP server but were failing at that point generating an NDR. I did a complete repair on the .NET Framework and WSS to ensure that was not the cause and it seemed to solve the problem, but not. When you register for an Alert you get the initial e-mail showing you a successful registration but no subsequent e-mails after that. When I check the event log on the WSS server the following error appears in the log:

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID 395ff1d3-7a57-4b62-a41d-95edc425c96f) threw an exception. More information is included below.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {629DA12E-9AD5-4FEC-B886-42C5982C5109} failed due to the following error: 80070005.

I have looked through countless forums and blogs looking for a solution to the problem and many similar items but no luck. Has anyone come across this issue before and if so any solutions.

Thanks for your help with this.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 7:40 PM