none
Updating Message (IPF.Note) body by EWS will not trigger outlook download of the updated message RRS feed

• Question

• I updated email body and subject (by EWS) - i can see the changes in OWA but Outlook do not download the  updated message,

i tried to use update folder in outlook and it still not downloading the update message - is there a method or property i need to update to make outlook identify there is a change in the message and download it again?

• Edited by sharon8811 Monday, November 7, 2016 3:57 PM i did not mention the service
    Monday, November 7, 2016 3:48 PM

All replies

• If you configure a profile in Online Mode (No Cache Mode) do you see the updates ? how old are the items your updating ? have you checked the Sync Issues folder in Outlook it maybe something your doing is causing issues.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:04 AM
  • As for your question:

The items i updated is 1 days old.

The last sync issue in the sync issues folder is before the update.

With no cache mode i can see the changes but it still not solving my problem - i can't change 1000 mailboxes to work with no cache mode.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:02 AM
  • It sounds like an issue with incremental change synchronization, what you could do is try using a Mapi editor like MFCMapi (connect using Online Mode) to make a change to an item and check to see if the same thing happens in Outlook in cache mode. I would also look at the changeKey to see if that's updating, over even do something like flip the Read/Unread status etc.

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 1:50 AM