none
Fails to verify CRC of Transaction Log from *.one file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Our customer downloaded 1 *.onetoc2 file and 1 associated *.one file from SharePoint 2013.

Our library successfully processes *.one file but fails to process *.onetoc2 file.

The issue is in reading of Transaction Log element([ONESTORE], 2.3.3): the provided CRC is not matched.

The latest OneNote doesn't allow to process *.onetoc2 files
    So it would be great if we could cross check reading of these files.

PS I got permission from our customer to share the file but only privately.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Alexi:

I have alerted the Open Specifications team regarding your issue. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:08 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Alexei, 

I'll assist with this. If you have the example files and can provide them to me, please email dochelp at Microsoft dot com and we can arrange to share. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:54 PM
  • Hi Alexei, 

For the benefit of the community and since this was worked offline, I'll summarize briefly how this was resolved.

The issue was that [MS-ONESTORE] 2.3.3.2 TransactionEntry states:

"0x00000001 MUST be equal to CRC (section 2.1.2) of all TransactionEntry structures in the current transaction"

Key word above is "all". The OneNote behavior for .onetoc2 files or files with header.ffvOldestCodeThatMayReadThisFile value of 0x1B is to skip inclusion of any TransactionEntry structures that fall flush with the end of a TransactionLogFragment in the running CRC calculation.

We plan to add this information to a note in the above section. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, September 13, 2019 9:21 PM