[Bluetooth API] "No more results can be returned by WSALookupServiceNext" exception

Question

• Hello,

I am working on a project which uses Bluetooth to connect and transmit data between a Windows 8 device and a Bluetooth integrated device. However, I am dealing with some problem when using the Bluetooth API of Windows Store app.

I have a following simple code snippet that is used to connect to the Bluetooth integrated device:

RfcommDeviceService rfcommDeviceService = await RfcommDeviceService.FromIdAsync(deviceId);

if (rfcommDeviceService != null)
                    {
                        var socket = new StreamSocket();
                        await socket.ConnectAsync(
                            rfcommDeviceService.ConnectionHostName,
                            rfcommDeviceService.ConnectionServiceName,
                            SocketProtectionLevel.BluetoothEncryptionAllowNullAuthentication);

return socket;
                    }

When the code is executed, I got the a System.Exception:

HResult: -2147014786
    Message: No more results can be returned by WSALookupServiceNext. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007277E)

I would ask what are the reasons may cause this problem?

Note: The capacities to use the Rfcomm Bluetooth API has been declared in my app manifest.

Looking for your help.

Best

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:16 PM

All replies

• I'm not really familiar with Bluetooth - what exactly does this code do?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:27 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue, did you find a solution for this?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:03 PM
  • Hi Lion, 

Have you checked the points regarding rfcomm capability mentioned in the post: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/c2ed8563-0a3a-4479-b529-82a4ab2db8f2/why-does-rfcommdeviceservicefromidasync-return-null?forum=winappswithcsharp ?

For any further debugging, you may create a support ticket in http://aka.ms/storesupport 

Regards,

Jenny 

Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:02 AM