Cannot get Membership Provider with name RoleProvider. The membership provider for this process was not properly configured. You must configure the membership provider in the .config file for every SharePoint process. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a web application that uses AD LDS as its authentication provider. I have followed all the steps and verified all the web.config files, but I receive the error below:

Cannot get Membership Provider with name CustomRoleProvider. The membership provider for this process was not properly configured. You must configure the membership provider in the .config file for every SharePoint process.

Has anyone come across this error before?

Friday, March 6, 2015 8:24 AM

Answers

• There seems to be some issues in your web.config files. Please make sure your Web application entries for membership and role provider(at central admin site) are matching with Web.config entries. your error "Cannot get Membership Provider with name CustomRoleProvider. ", indicating that you may have used role provider name in Membership provider text box or in web.config.

Also please make sure that you have correct entries in all 3 web.config files - Central Administration , Security Token Service (STS), Web application .

Please refer  - Forms Based Authentication (FBA) in SharePoint 2013

Thanks
    Ganesh Jat [My Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter ]
    Please click 'Mark As Answer' if a post solves your problem or 'Vote As Helpful' if it was useful.

Friday, March 6, 2015 11:48 AM