none
JavaScript Syntax Highlighting VS2015 CE

Question

• Visual Studio 2015 doesn't highlight JavaScript syntax other than the very basic functions such as var, function, if, else.

How can we get better syntax highlighting such as Monokai or Seti into VS2015?

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

To get more Syntax highlighting for JS, we could download a Monokai theme for vs2015.

I just added it to my settings and the JS code will look this:

GitHub link: https://github.com/Ibrahim-Islam/monokai-vs-2015

After downloading and extracting it, add it to settings by following steps:

Tools > Import and Export Settings > Select "Import selected environment settings" > Save current settings or just replace > Browse to the monokai_15.vssettings file downloaded/cloned from here > Finish

I hope my reply it's helpful to you. And please mark it as answer if it'll have helped resolved your doubts, and feel free to let me know if you have any other issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:35 AM
  • Hi David,

Has your issue been resolved yet?

Please let me know if you need any other help.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 02, 2017 8:59 AM