Windows 7 going into startup repair loop and doesn't boot after installing Windows Developer Preview...

Question

• I just installed windows developer preview along with windows 7.

everything went well but now I can't boot into windows 7.

Whenever i choose windows 7 from the win8 boot menu, blank screen appears and system restarts into startup repair.

startup repair shows no problem, I don't have restoration point or disc...

What to do...?

and one more thing, I am not getting download speeds with torrents on windows developer preview...

Monday, September 26, 2011 10:58 AM

All replies

• Astitva Pandey,

Are you able to boot to Windows Developer Preview without any problems?

If so, when you pull up MSconfig (From Start screen type msconfig) and select the ‘Boot’ tab do you see Windows 7 listed?  If you see Windows 7 listed, which Operating System is set to default?

Can you provide more details about how you setup\installed Windows Developer Preview to dual boot?

Thanks,

Chris
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:05 PM
  • Hi Chris! I have this same problem. I installed Windows 8 dual booting with Windows 7. When I formatted Windows 8, my computer is now in a state of perpetual startup repair. How do I solve this issue? I've tried going to the Windows 7 recovery console and fixing my mbr to no avail. The mbr still detects Windows 8 even though it isn't there any more. Any ideas? Cheers, Kevin Liao
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:51 AM
  • I've got the same problem. In Msconfig the default os is set to be WDP/Windows 8.
    Is that right?
    What should I do?

Friday, October 07, 2011 11:50 AM