How to reopen PowerPivot field list from Pivot chart in Excel 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I can't figure out how to open the PowerPivot fields list without having a PowerPivot table. In several sheets I use PowerPivot, but insert a PivotChart directly as a PivotTable isn't needed. It works well as long as the field list is open, but once I click away and come back the fields list is missing and right-clicking the PivotChart only offers up chart related options. I have a few times gotten lucky and seen "Pivot fields list" as the bottom option when righ-clicking the edge of the PivotChart allowing me to bring it back up, but I can't replicate this on a regular basis. Is there a keyboard shortcut or some ribbon option that will open the field list?

Re

D

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:49 PM

Answers

• Yes, I know and that part works, but I need a 2010 version as v1 and v2 of PowerPivot are incompatible.

Re

D

Hello,

The PowerPivot field list becomes visible when you are working with a PivotTable or PivotChart that is based on PowerPivot data.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 8:57 AM

All replies

• If you are using Office 2013, the option to toggle filed list is available in the ribbon.

CLick on the pivot chart to enable the 'Analyze' menu option.

In this "Analyze" menu, under 'Show/Hide' menu group (the last one, at extreme right end), you can find the 'Field List' option. 

Vishal Soni

Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Yes, I know and that part works, but I need a 2010 version as v1 and v2 of PowerPivot are incompatible.

Re

D

Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:28 PM

Re

D

Hello,

The PowerPivot field list becomes visible when you are working with a PivotTable or PivotChart that is based on PowerPivot data.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 8:57 AM
  • I'm using Excel 2010 and a powerpivot table.  However after I close the file a couple of times the power pivot field list is disabled and I can't change the pivot table anymore.
    Friday, July 25, 2014 8:53 PM