Retrieve value from INI file RRS feed

• Question

• User1583603282 posted

Hi,

I found that vista OS is malfunction to retrieve value from INI file. When set at vista scheduler. After I test few method, I get the solution to solve is copy the INI file to system32 to get it work. But that exe file can be worked perfectly by using manually double click the EXE file. Except copy INI file to system32, may I know still have any way to solve it? Thank you

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:38 PM

Answers

• User-952121411 posted

So let me see if I understand your question:

You have a .exe that runs via the 'Vista Scheduler' and reads from a .ini file.  Currently the .ini file can only be read when you move the file to the system32 folder, or if you manually run the .exe, correct?

Can you confirm this is a .exe and not an ASP.NET app, or is this a web app launching an .exe?

Can you post the code that reads the .ini file as well and and error or exception messages you are receiving?

We can try to diagnose this best we can if it is an ASP.NET or generic VB.NET issue; if it is a WinForms specefic issue, the MSDN forums might offer better advice. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:29 AM
  • User1583603282 posted

Thank you and sorry i have post wrong forum. it is windows application. anyway thx for your replied.

Friday, November 13, 2009 1:46 AM

All replies

• User-952121411 posted

So let me see if I understand your question:

You have a .exe that runs via the 'Vista Scheduler' and reads from a .ini file.  Currently the .ini file can only be read when you move the file to the system32 folder, or if you manually run the .exe, correct?

Can you confirm this is a .exe and not an ASP.NET app, or is this a web app launching an .exe?

Can you post the code that reads the .ini file as well and and error or exception messages you are receiving?

We can try to diagnose this best we can if it is an ASP.NET or generic VB.NET issue; if it is a WinForms specefic issue, the MSDN forums might offer better advice. 

Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:29 AM
  • User1583603282 posted

Thank you and sorry i have post wrong forum. it is windows application. anyway thx for your replied.

Friday, November 13, 2009 1:46 AM