none
Want to work on DTM automation.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want work on DTM Automation so please give your right directions how to start and work on it.Thanking You.

Yesubabu Gude

Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• refer the link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124658.aspx

Also if you search specific tags in Forum, lot of queries are solved..

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:41 AM
  • I almost have completed DTM automation, using "WHCK OM API Reference". :)

Create an algorithm, and start coding with the help of WHCK Object Model API Reference.

Thanks,

Nilesh.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Hi Nilesh,

I don't know how to start and where to start, please help me. And i had referral document above mentioned Priya.

Yesubabu Gude

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi Yesubabu,

Consider the manual process you follow, which contains tasks such as create project, create pool, move required machines from default pool to newly created pool, select targets on these machines, add features if needed, run tests, when all tests completed, apply filters, add drivers, create package, sign the package. Or this process can be little bit different, well, whatever it is.

Keeping your manual process in mind, start with the automation, you can refere/use to sample codes provided at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh998469.aspx

Feel free to ask about the problems you face :)

Thanks,

Nilesh.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:46 PM
  • Hi Nilesh,

I have some doubts while running HelloWorld sample code..

1.Where will get support DLL files.

2.And anything require to run this HelloWorld .

Have a nice day and thanks..:)

Yesubabu Gude

Saturday, March 30, 2013 2:19 AM
  • 1) When you install WHCK, these DLLs are also dropped under the directory where WHCK is installed. [Dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\...]

2) Go through "Target Families" powershell script and one by one, do some common tasks like Creating new project, new test pool, moving machines from default pool to this test pool, making the machines ready then proceed to Target selection, etc.

Regards,

Nilesh

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:28 AM
  • Hi Nilesh,

Again I have bunch of doubts..

1)The name of the controller is same as computer name or any thing else.?

2)While running HelloWorld.cs getting error like "Windows"  can't find........

In this I added the some references are

Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel;

Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.DBConnection;

Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.Submission;

and any DLL I have to add..?

3)What is the expected result of this HelloWorld.cs..?

4)HelloWorld can be run any computer or only in HCK Controller PC..?

I am new to this Environment and thank you for supporting.

Yesubabu Gude

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:18 AM
  • ->1) Yes, the name of controller is same as computer name. (Note: Do not change controller name after WHCK is installed.)

->4) The given scripts can be run only on the machines having WHCK installed (ie. Only on HCK Controller PC)

->3) HelloWorld does:

a.create a project named "my new project"

b.create a pool named "TestPool"

c.move machines from default pool to the TestPool, if any

d.make these machines ready

e.create product instances

f.select "HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD" target from these machines

g.run tests on this target

h.when all tests are passed, create and save a package named  "my new project.hckx"

-->2) dont add any extra dll to the code, because the sample code is already using all the required DLLs

Thanks

Nilesh.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Like Nilesh pointed out, please take a look at the HCK API documentation and the sample apps. Take a look at the developer guide that has pointers to all these resources.
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:41 PM
  • Hi Nilesh,

When I try to run the HelloWorld sample project, the following errors are getting:

Program.cs(7,17): Error cs0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft'(are you missing an assembly reference?)

Program.cs(8,17): Error cs0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft'(are you missing an assembly reference?)

Program.cs(9,17): Error cs0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft'(are you missing an assembly reference?)

Even the I added the required DLL files to project. Please help me how to resolve this errors..thanks.

Yesubabu Gude

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:20 AM