none
security trimming is not working on the Quick launch ( Left Navigation ) of My Site

Question

• hi,

I have added subsites links on the Quick launch left Navigation of My Site user profile  but the issue is that the user who dont have access to that subsite can see the link but in the main site the security trimming is working fine where as in My Site it is not working

I also tried to add audience targeting for Navigation but it is not working.

I want the links to be hidden if the logged in user don't have access to that subsite. 

below is the screenshot

sal

• Edited by SB Ali Thursday, March 08, 2018 11:09 AM
    Thursday, March 08, 2018 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Test result for your reference.

Enable publishing feature for my site host http://sp:15000 and add a group for navigation audience target.

Go to child site->site permission->break permission inherit, and delete Everyone group.

Result.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 09, 2018 3:56 AM
  • Hi,

Publishing feature is already activated in My Site and i break the inheritance permission in child site  but still the links are showing in Navigation. 

sal

Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

Make sure you delete Everyone group for child site, and use ‘Check Permissions’ to check whether the user belongs to other group which has permission to child site.( Audience seems issue for this case, the user could see the navigation node if has permission to child site, and can’t see the navigation node if has no permission to child site)

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 12, 2018 1:38 AM