Multiple Datasources in WebParts RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SharePoint Designer 2007 to open up a site; the default.aspx contains two WebParts in it.

Is it possible to two seperate datasources for each WebPart?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What kind of web parts are you using?

You can use a seperate data source for each web part. Take Data Form Web Part as an example, you can select a data source in your site as you want. If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to point it out.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you elaborate more about what you are trying to do? Using multiple data sources in a single web part?

If so, you can use Linked Data Source with data form web part in OOTB way. Creating a linked data source will allow you to link multiple lists or libraries  as a single data source. Then you can add a data form web part on the default.aspx page to use the linked data source.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:25 AM
  • No...

A single WebPart with one datasource.  I have two WebParts and I want to use Datasource1 with first WebPart and Datasource2 with second Webpart.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

What kind of web parts are you using?

You can use a seperate data source for each web part. Take Data Form Web Part as an example, you can select a data source in your site as you want. If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to point it out.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:32 AM