none
Visual Studio Community 2019 installer won't launch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to install microsoft visual studio 2019 community edition but the installer doesn't start. it starts extracting something and then just crashes. Tried restarting my laptop but that doesnt work. any solution to this problem? 

This file report: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4_HFZLq7ypiwEBwK3J--QpnugZ?e=mvIgsa

Friday, September 27, 2019 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi phamdat264,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I have researched the vslog that you shared. I find that the OS you use is 6.1.7601 and this matches Windows 7. Also, in WindowsUpdate.log file I notice that windows system needs to update to prepare for installing VS.

> > the installer doesn't start. it starts extracting something and then just crashes.

## Usually, this issue caused because there are not enough system requirements that need to be based on. To install Visual Studio Community 2019, it requires windows 7 (with latest Windows Updates): Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Utimate.  

## If you are using windows 7 operating system, please follow the steps below to check if it is ready to install Visual Studio Community 2019.

• Turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software during installation.
    • Install the latest Windows updates from the Windows Update site.
    • Complete of dismiss Windows Update before installation. (And don’t forget to turn it on later)

Then run the setup with Administrator privilege : right-click the installer -> Run as administrator.

In addition, there are some system requirements for installing Visual Studio Community 2019 in windows 7. You could refer more information from Visual Studio 2019 System Requirements.

Hope all above could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sunday, September 29, 2019 3:17 AM