none
"USB xyz" tests failed: configuration problem? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to run my driver (for an USB device) + INF through the WHCK test.

Client Win7/x64, HCK Manager/Studio 2.0.9200.

The following tests failed with the same reason:

• USB Address Description test
    • USB Descriptor Test
    • USB Device Control Requests Test
    • USB Enumeration Stress

All other tests are working and succeeding.

In the log files the following erros are occurring:

1.) Reset Root Hub Port

a.) Failed ResetRootHubPort in ConfigurePathToDevice 0001

testsrc\driverstest\usb\usbhct\exe\device.cpp, BOOL, 0x0, Error 0x00000000

b.) Failed configure path to device 0015

testsrc\driverstest\usb\usbhct\exe\device.cpp, BOOL, 0x0, Error 0x00000000

2.) Enable Device Node

- Bus could not be configured for test.

testsrc\driverstest\usb\usbhct\exe\addrtest.cpp (on each test another file), BOOL, 0x0, Error 0x00000000

Does anybody know what's the reason for this error? Is it a driver problem, or a problem with the test configuration? Does anybody has a hint to this issue?

Thanks 

Alex

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:13 PM

Answers

• I think this happens when the controller is blocking disable without reboot.  Often this occurs when the primary input device(s) are attached to the same controller as the device under test.  Either move the mouse/keyboard to another USB controller, or if the mouse/keyboard is the DUT, then plug in another input device elsewhere.

You can confirm by trying to disable the controller manually in the device manager.

Friday, October 19, 2012 8:33 PM
  • After removing the external Hub with the second DUT, and plugin in the second DUT to an internal Hub (the computer has 4 hubs -> 8 ports), also the last test (USB Address Description test) succeded.

http://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm?link=225361

• Marked as answer by Alex_S71 Monday, October 22, 2012 8:37 AM
    Monday, October 22, 2012 8:37 AM

All replies

• I think this happens when the controller is blocking disable without reboot.  Often this occurs when the primary input device(s) are attached to the same controller as the device under test.  Either move the mouse/keyboard to another USB controller, or if the mouse/keyboard is the DUT, then plug in another input device elsewhere.

You can confirm by trying to disable the controller manually in the device manager.

Friday, October 19, 2012 8:33 PM
  • OK, I have now connect the I/O devices to an extra USB controller.

Then I have connect the DUT to an USB 2.0 instead of connecting to USB 3.0 ( Win7/x64). Now the following 3 test run with success:

• USB Descriptor Test
    • USB Device Control Requests Test
    • USB Enumeration Stress

The following tests fails any more (with same error message):

• USB Address Description test

USBrefresh.exe is indeed failing during test setup (with error 0xffffffff). This also fails on the upper 3 tests which are marked as succeeded.

Monday, October 22, 2012 7:29 AM
  • After removing the external Hub with the second DUT, and plugin in the second DUT to an internal Hub (the computer has 4 hubs -> 8 ports), also the last test (USB Address Description test) succeded.

http://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm?link=225361

• Marked as answer by Alex_S71 Monday, October 22, 2012 8:37 AM
    Monday, October 22, 2012 8:37 AM