Initial Azure Setup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to the cloud and don't have much experience with virtual machines. Very familiar with MS server and development software and have built and run various server boxes for years. I'd like to set up my BizSpark Azure account in a way that is familiar to me. I'd like to develop and deploy more than one website. I'm used to setting up IIS with a single static IP and using host headers to differentiate between websites/domains. Each of my websites usually have a SQL database with them so I'll need a way to create more than one SQL database. I'm using Visual Studio 2013. In the very near future I'll be getting some development help from a couple people. They are located in a different part of the city and not employees. They will help with the desktop and mobile versions of a website but most of their time will be spent working on the IOS / Android phone app. I've read some of the MS Azure documentation and my best guess is that I should set something up under the Cloud Services category. Please give me some direction as to how to set up Azure to do what I'm used to within the cloud.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:57 PM

Answers