SSRS 2016 Custom Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• User1513064915 posted

Currently I am implemented the SSRS 2016 Custom Authentication via https://github.com/Microsoft/Reporting-Services/tree/master/CustomSecuritySample2016  

I have an external web application with only a test login page.  Once the user is logged on and authenticated I am using HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect(ssrslogin.aspx,true) for the redirect.  I get redirected to the custom login page within SSRS 2016 but not getting authorized. 

The user shouldn't see the custom login page, the cookie being passed from the external web application should get passed along to the SSRS custom auth login page.  Which in turns validates the cookie using the  AuthorizzationExtension.

What am I missing?

Monday, November 19, 2018 5:01 PM

All replies

• User-271186128 posted

Hi Jon11sin,

Please check your code and make sure you have configured the Passthrough cookies.

In the rsreportserver.config file add following under <UI>

<UI>
       <CustomAuthenticationUI>
          <PassThroughCookies>
             <PassThroughCookie>sqlAuthCookie</PassThroughCookie>
          </PassThroughCookies>
       </CustomAuthenticationUI>
    </UI>

More details, please check the Configure the Web Portal to Pass Custom Authentication Cookies article.

Best regards,
    Dillion

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:54 AM
  • User1513064915 posted

Hey Zhi Lv,

I have added the Passthrough cookies within the rsreportserver.config file.   I went through the instructions and added everything that was needed.

But something doesn't add up.  I have a small external web app which I log in and authenticated and creates a cookie.   

Then I use HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect to the SSRS 2016 Report Server but it just sits on the custom Login page.  Which makes me think something isn't right.

Within the code of the Custom Authentication there is no code in the Page Load to read anything which is why I feel something is missing.  I don't understand how the cookie is being read once I get to the SSRS 2016 Report Server site.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:52 PM
  • User1513064915 posted

I'm at the point of the cookie from the external web app is not being received by the SSRS 2016 custom authentication Login Page.  I have followed the steps that was provided but to no avail.  If anyone can provide guidance on the cookie being received would be a step in the right direction.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:23 PM
  • User2053348377 posted

I'm at the point of the cookie from the external web app is not being received by the SSRS 2016 custom authentication Login Page.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am experiencing a similar problem, detailed here https://forums.asp.net/p/2170498/6317541.aspx.

Saturday, September 5, 2020 8:02 PM