none
Accessing Windows Portable Devices (WPD) through Access 2010 RRS feed

• Question

•   

This was originally posted in Microsoft ISV Community Center> Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), but I think it may be better here, since it specifically deals with Access. 

I am trying to code a button in Access that will allow me to automatically transfer pictures and video from a digital camera to my hard drive.  After transferring, I want to automatically delete the pictures from the camera.  I have been unable to find any references of Access using WPD or the PortableDeviceAPI 1.0 Type Library.  Since portable devices do not resolve to drive letter, CopyFile or CopyFolder are not useable.  The system I am implementing this on contains both Win 7 Pro and XP Pro SP3 clients. 

Can someone please assist me with getting this set up or point me to some examples?  The only thing I have found is C++ which does not work in Access.  Thanks!

Jeff

Friday, May 1, 2015 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

This is forum is for developers discussing devleoing issues with Access product.

>>I am trying to code a button in Access that will allow me to automatically transfer pictures and video from a digital camera to my hard drive.  After transferring, I want to automatically delete the pictures from the camera.  I have been unable to find any references of Access using WPD or the PortableDeviceAPI 1.0 Type Library.  Since portable devices do not resolve to drive letter, CopyFile or CopyFolder are not useable.  The system I am implementing this on contains both Win 7 Pro and XP Pro SP3 clients.<<

As far as I know, there is no such API in Access object model we can use to interact with digital camera.

Base on my understanding, if we need to interact with the device we may need to Windows API. If you have problem with Windows API, I sugges that you reopen a new thread in General Windows Desktop Development Issues forum.

Also we can programming VBA with COM technology, so if the exists library supports COM, we can call it from VBA directly. I would move it to VBA forum, since the forum is more suitable for discussing the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 4, 2015 2:29 AM