none
OnPublished event not getting fired RRS feed

• Question

• I want to update the custom field values using the OnPublished event. The code works fine when it is published for the first time and in the debug mode.  The values are updated in the published database too. But I need to restart the Queue services and Event services everytime to get the updated values in the MPP. Can anyone suggest a solution for this because it is not possible to restart event services everytime.
    Friday, March 27, 2015 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hello Mayur,

you must restart the Microsoft Project Server Eventing everytime you change the event source code.

The reason of this is that when the Service starts it will pre-load every Event Registered and its source code.

My current approach is to develop a SharePoint solution that places the Event Handler Source code to GAC.

After you change the Custom Field values you need to re-publish the project plan in order for the changes to become visible on PWA and on Project Professional (reading from the Publish database).

Does this helped?

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:09 AM
  • Please mark this reply as an answer if this was valuable for you.

If you think this was valuable please mark my reply as a valid answer. Thanks. Kind Regards, João Frederico Neto --

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:52 PM