none
Submitting a Word document with Content control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an instance of Word document created from a Document Template bound to a content type in Sharepoint Document library. The document Template (.dotx) has some content Controls which a user fills out before they submit the document to SharePoint library.

What I am trying to achive is : When a user saves the Document to Sharepoint Library, I want it to save it with a file name that is a result of concatenation of two content control values entered by the user. I know this is possible with infoapth with XPATH and Submit Options. How can same be achieved in Word?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:35 PM

Answers

• Hello Cooltechie,

Thanks for posting. Based on my understanding, this issue is little related to be the Open XML Format SDK. It is more an end user issue. If yes, please raise this question in Answers sites for better support and response from experts there. Here is the link of forum.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword.

If I you have any concern for this issue, or I have mistaken this scenario, just feel free to follow up. Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, September 3, 2010 9:51 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:38 AM
  • Hello again,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Cooltechie1234 Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:07 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Cooltechie,

Thanks for posting. Based on my understanding, this issue is little related to be the Open XML Format SDK. It is more an end user issue. If yes, please raise this question in Answers sites for better support and response from experts there. Here is the link of forum.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword.

If I you have any concern for this issue, or I have mistaken this scenario, just feel free to follow up. Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, September 3, 2010 9:51 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:38 AM
  • Hello again,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Cooltechie1234 Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:07 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:15 AM