none
Page count error in Normal mode RRS feed

• Question

• Windows LocalReport mode.

I have a report that has a table with row in its body that has an expression to hide the row if it is blank (Hidden - expression = iif(isNothing(text),true,false). When I render the report in Normal view, the page renders incorrectly, showing three pages rather than two. The renderer seems to ignore the fact that this row is not shown sometimes and includes its height in the calculation.

Then when I switch to Preview mode, the report viewer shows only one page, but then if I use the mouse scroll button, it will move to the second page and then show "page 2 of 2" in the navigator.

If I open the report viewer in Preview mode, the navigator still only shows one page, but I can scroll to the second like above.

This is going to be confusing for the client at best.  Is there some way to get the renderer to calculate the page height correctly?

Rick

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 1:14 PM

All replies

• I found the problem in case it helps someone else...

I had CanShrink = False on the hidden rows, so they did not show, but would always be used in calculating the page height for rendering.

Rick

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 1:50 PM