invisible Ajax Control Toolkit RRS feed

• Question

• User1311844078 posted

Hi

I installed Ajax Control Toolkit on website and then I inserted the Ajax Control Toolkit the Visual Studio ToolBox but does not appear on Toolbox.What should I do?Thanks

Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:06 PM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

Firstly - you should ensure that your particular project actually supports the AJAX Control Toolkit (ie the appropriate version of .NET and Project Type).

Installation Options

You can download it from CodePlex below : 

or you should be able to find it by searching for "AJAX Control Toolkit" through NuGet, which may be the easier approach :

I would recommend using NuGet as it will automatically include all of the necessary references within your application if you need to use it within a single application,otherwise the CodePlex download might be the preferred choice. If you elect to download it manually, you'll just need to reference the DLL file within your application.

Adding the Toolkit to the Toolbox

You can find the complete instructions for adding the Toolkit to the Toolbox in Visual Studio here.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:31 PM

All replies

• User465171450 posted

Does it appear when you are in designer mode on a .aspx or .ascx?

Did you add the toolbox items manually? If not, right click on the toolbox and create a new tab, then right click under that new tab header and select choose items. You can then choose the items you want from the ajax control toolkit.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:35 PM
  • User281315223 posted

Firstly - you should ensure that your particular project actually supports the AJAX Control Toolkit (ie the appropriate version of .NET and Project Type).

Installation Options

You can download it from CodePlex below : 

or you should be able to find it by searching for "AJAX Control Toolkit" through NuGet, which may be the easier approach :

I would recommend using NuGet as it will automatically include all of the necessary references within your application if you need to use it within a single application,otherwise the CodePlex download might be the preferred choice. If you elect to download it manually, you'll just need to reference the DLL file within your application.

Adding the Toolkit to the Toolbox

You can find the complete instructions for adding the Toolkit to the Toolbox in Visual Studio here.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:31 PM
  • User2103319870 posted

Hi,

You need to add AjaxControl Toolkit controls to your Visual Studio IDE Manually and then Drag and drop the controls to your page.

You can check the follow the below steps to Add the controls to Visual Studio IDE

1. Launch Visual Studio and create a new ASP.NET Web Forms project or website. Open Default.aspx in the Visual Studio editor.
    2. Create a new Toolbox tab by right-clicking the Toolbox and selecting Add Tab. Name the new tab Ajax Control Toolkit.
    3. Right-click beneath the new tab and select the menu option Choose Items... Click the Browse button and browse to the folder where you extracted the Ajax Control Toolkit. Pick the AjaxControlToolkit.dll and click the OK button to close the Choose Toolbox Items dialog.

For More Details you can get from this link. Take a look at the Tip no 3 in below link : Adding controls to VS IDE - Select the Show Me Option to see the animated gif which shows all the steps

Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:50 PM
  • User1311844078 posted

.aspx mode

Monday, March 24, 2014 12:31 PM