"Login dialog to open an executable (exe)" RRS feed

• Question

• Dear friends,

I have written an executable in VC++ MFC to perform few banking tasks. I want to make the EXE such that only authorized persons with login and password would able to execute the exe. That is, before opening/going into the main application, I want to check whether the user has authorized or not by using a Login dialog at the very start.

Please guide me how to create login id's, passwords and save them programmatically to run my application. And when the authorized user logins, how to verify that the user is authorized or not.

I'm very grateful for your help...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nagesh

Saturday, October 14, 2006 11:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you trying to get the Credentials of Windows Logon?

If you are implementing something that should be placed in secure place and encrypted as well.

You and decide an operation to encrypt or decrypt the passwords and user name and shall check while user login.

It's all depends on your architecture or design to manipulate password

Regards,
    Sarath
    Sunday, October 15, 2006 7:57 AM
  • This question is off-topic. Please use this forum for issues on using the Visual C++ IDE itself.

Security programming questions can be asked here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.platformsdk.security&lang=en&cr=US

Sunday, October 15, 2006 2:44 PM