Type 'ASP.dynamicdata_filters_foreignkey_ascx' does not inherit from 'System.Web.DynamicData.QueryableFilterUserControl'. RRS feed

• Question

• User1613935025 posted

I think i may have a deployment problem at hand.

I have an application that is running smoothly on my developer machine. This is a default Dynamic Data application working with SQL Compact 4 Database (located at a different location than the Dynamic Data Application).  Now, when i moved it to deployment, I am getting an error (as indicated in the bottom of the post) for certain tables (for others it is working smoothly).

Can someone pls suggest what could be going wrong?

Thanks

Abhishek

Type 'ASP.dynamicdata_filters_foreignkey_ascx' does not inherit from 'System.Web.DynamicData.QueryableFilterUserControl'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Type 'ASP.dynamicdata_filters_foreignkey_ascx' does not inherit from 'System.Web.DynamicData.QueryableFilterUserControl'.
    Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Type 'ASP.dynamicdata_filters_foreignkey_ascx' does not inherit from 'System.Web.DynamicData.QueryableFilterUserControl'.]
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +11453771
       System.Web.DynamicData.FilterFactory.CreateFilterControl(MetaColumn column, String filterUIHint) +250
       System.Web.DynamicData.DynamicFilter.CreateUserControl(MetaColumn column, String filterUiHint) +165
       System.Web.DynamicData.DynamicFilter.EnsureInit(IQueryableDataSource dataSource) +247
       System.Web.DynamicData.QueryableFilterRepeater.<Page_InitComplete>b__1(DynamicFilter f) +22
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action) +64
       System.Web.DynamicData.QueryableFilterRepeater.Page_InitComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +882
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2196

Monday, February 6, 2012 3:54 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

Hi Abhishekkant, are the tables that show this error the only ones with FK Filter showing on them or does the FK filter work on some tables?

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:38 PM