The referenced assembly is not installed on your system error with ClickOnce installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all ,

I'm trying to install my clickonce application . It was installed before , I uninstalled it and trying to install it again. I get the exception :

The referenced assembly is not installed on your system

here is some of the log I recieved :
    - The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
       at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.CollectCrossGroupApplications(Uri codebaseUri, DefinitionIdentity deploymentIdentity, Boolean& identityGroupFound, Boolean& locationGroupFound, String& identityGroupProductName)
       at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 11:40 AM

All replies

• Try deleting your Apps\2.0 folder and install it again. It looks like a corrupt cache.

on XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\LocalSettings\Apps\2.0\
    on Vista:
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\

RobinS.
    GoldMail.com
    Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:47 AM
  • Hi Wasimf,

What's the referenced assembly is missing on the client machine? It looks like some strong named assembly is missied in GAC on the client machine. You may go to the GAC location (c:\windows\assembly) to see if the referenced assembly is there.

If this is not the case, please try the Robin's suggestion to see if the problem can be fixed.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:47 AM