Dal-Entity framework RRS feed

• Question

• User-758443495 posted

hi dears,

in my new project that is a enterprise application I want to use  entity framework 4 with poco

my DAL is provider base and I use a factory that decide which provider should use base on configuration

the providers are private assemblies.

as I saw in manu articles about entity framework I should use repository and unit of work patterns now my question is where should I place this patterns ,in my provider of entity framework or inside of bussiness logic

remember that I dont want that my application work only with EF,I will create a normal provider that use sql stored procedures and maybe another techniques.

if you can please explain the relation and way of implementing this patterns

thanks alot

Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:13 PM

All replies

• User869128136 posted

Hi, 

In this blog post EF is used with POCO and repositories:

_http://blog.keithpatton.com/2009/05/30/Entity+Framework+POCO+Repository+Using+Visual+Studio+2010+Net+40+Beta+1.aspx

Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:11 PM
  • User-758443495 posted

hi,

thanks for your reply but,

I know patterns,I know how should I write repository and unit of work,this is just an architectural issue that I dont know where to implement and use this patterns my objects are in my bussiness but I dont need repository and UOW  in other providers of DAL like stored procedure base classic dal

now I want to know the artchitectural view of this work and the model of my DAL that should be

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:05 PM