Migrating Oracle Forms to ASP.NET RRS feed

• Question

• User579345625 posted
    Hi All,

I am working on Migration of Oracle Forms to ASP.NET, I am searching for approaches to make this happen, I have read about 'Forms2Net' tool which claims easy migration. But I want to know if it really works well, advice from somebody who has used Forms2Net or some other approach will be really useful. I would like to know following point on this:
    1.    Approaches for Migration of Oracle Forms to ASP.NET
    2.    Is Forms2Net really useful? Any shortcomings of Forms2Net?
    3.    What are the pitfalls or issues to watch out for while migrating?
    4.    Any aspects of the Oracle forms application that are better re-implemented than the migration approach?

Waiting for your valuable responses.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Anup

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:06 AM

All replies

• User1638835903 posted

Hi Anup,

We are in a similar situation to yourselves but have had contact with the forms2net people.

The form2net conversion software is extremely impressive from an initial consultation.

It is very much promoted as a techonology migration rather than just a code migration. It claims to analyse your oracle forms (fmb, mmb, pll, rdf) and recreate in .NET 2.0 or 3.0

As i say we have only seen a demo on scott/tiger type of master-detail form. it will be intresting to see it convert one of our own comlpex forms.

Mick

Friday, March 28, 2008 11:38 AM
  • User579345625 posted

Hi Mick,

Good to read some reply on this post. Please keep posting the updates. Anyway we developed the ASP.Net app from without using the Forms2Net.

Regards,

Anup 

Monday, June 2, 2008 12:42 AM
  • User-1326098547 posted

Hi,

If you are still looking for the solution to migrate from Oracle to .net, let me know.

Forms2Net is our product we can help you out with your Queries,

regards,

Vincent

0044-7984471884.

vincent.kaushal@atxtechnologies.co.uk

Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:01 AM
  • User-1821784944 posted

Hello,

even though this tool converts primarily to Java (ADF) - most of the functionality and process is valid for .NET as well.

Compared to other manual or semi-automated approaches the tool first eliminates redundant and un-used Forms objects (dead-code) and therefore reduces the amount of code to be transfered. This could accelerate the migrations significantly.

see detailed  information in the white-paper on the following link:

http://pitss.com/us/products/pitss-con-overview/application-engineering/

Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:13 PM
  • User-359891649 posted

Hi Vincent

we are looking for solution as we are going to migrate our application from oracle forms to ASP.net.

can you suggest the steps to follow up with this migration? please let me know if you have any document to migrate the oracle forms to ASP, which is also useful to us.

Thanks in advance..

kiruhtika.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:42 AM