none
how to resolve initializing template in visual studio 2013

Question

• Hi 

I am trying to add new item in my visual studio 2013's  project 

it was working last day but Now it show unusual behavior showing  and visual studio stop working...

Any one please help me to resolve this .

Thanks i Addvance...

Saturday, August 13, 2016 6:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohsin Raza51214,

According to your description, please share us which type project you created (C# or others) and this issue appeared? Dose this issue appear in all project?

The following steps may be helpful for you to troubleshoot your issue.

1). It was working last day. Have you installed some add-ins in VS last day. If yes, please uninstall them and re-start your VS again.

2) Please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. If you would not find some errors, we could also find all logs of applications in our computer through the following steps:

Right-click This PC->More->Manage->System Tools->Event Viewer->Windows Logs->double click Application

Then we will find all logs of applications, pleat check whether have logs of VS.

3). Please update your VS2013 to the latest version update5 (12.0.40629.00), whether this issue is shown again.

4). You could reset your VS though the following steps:

Click menu Tools->Import and Export Settings->Rest all settings->next->choose which language you want to reset-> Finish

5). If the above steps don’t work for you, please repair your VS and try again.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 15, 2016 6:20 AM