none
Obtaining GlobalAppointmentID via EWS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

how one can obtain GlobalAppointmentID using EWS? Specifically in EWS for  Exchange 2010? I will greatly appreciate if someone can show an example of service request XML. If it is accessible via ExtendedFieldUri, can someone give a hint what would be a PropertyTag and PropertyType for this field?

Regards,

Vladimir

Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

see http://www.infinitec.de/post/2009/04/13/Searching-a-meeting-with-a-specific-UID-using-Exchange-Web-Services-2007.aspx for an example on how to read the GlobalObjectId (I think this is what you mean) using EWS.

Kind regards,
    Henning

"Vladimir_mtl" wrote in message news:6ad15f5b-5432-4597-962e-ed0d902389d1@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

how one can obtain GlobalAppointmentID using EWS? Specifically in EWS for Exchange 2010? I will greatly appreciate if someone can show an example of service request XML. If it is accessible via ExtendedFieldUri, can someone give a hint what would be a PropertyTag and PropertyType for this field?

Regards,

Vladimir

Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:56 PM
  • Another note:

Instead of the GlobalObjectId, you should use the CleanGlobalObjectId when you search for a meeting (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee178989(v=EXCHG.80).aspx)

Kind regards,
    Henning

"Vladimir_mtl" wrote in message news:6ad15f5b-5432-4597-962e-ed0d902389d1@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

how one can obtain GlobalAppointmentID using EWS? Specifically in EWS for Exchange 2010? I will greatly appreciate if someone can show an example of service request XML. If it is accessible via ExtendedFieldUri, can someone give a hint what would be a PropertyTag and PropertyType for this field?

Regards,

Vladimir

Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Thank a lot Henning, yes, GlobalAppointmentID is an alias used in Outlook for Global Object Id and we were going to use it as a unique id for meeting as it remains stable. Can you please clarify though why CleanGlobalObjectId should be used instead of just GlobalObjectId for the meetings?

Thanks,

Vladimir

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Hi,

Matt Stehle has some information about this on his blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mstehle/archive/2009/09/02/ews-uid-not-always-the-same-for-orphaned-instances-of-the-same-meeting.aspx

Kind regards,
    Henning

"Vladimir_mtl" wrote in message news:83a13ead-9abe-4672-9b93-c3a3eed1d5d8@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Thank a lot Henning, yes, GlobalAppointmentID is an alias used in Outlook for Global Object Id and we were going to use it as a unique id for meeting as it remains stable. Can you please clarify though why CleanGlobalObjectId should be used instead of just GlobalObjectId for the meetings?

Thanks,

Vladimir

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:58 PM
  • Thanks a lot Henning,

We are actually going to use Exchange 2010 EWS, do you know if there is any change in 2010 server comparing to 2007 related to this GlobalObjectId?

Regards,

Vladimir

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Not to my knowledge, no.

And since Outlook also depends on this property, I don't think there were any changes.

Kind regards,
    Henning

"Vladimir_mtl" wrote in message news:41f015c5-cfe3-45f7-86c3-b95fbfbb8710@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Thanks a lot Henning,

We are actually going to use Exchange 2010 EWS, do you know if there is any change in 2010 server comparing to 2007 related to this GlobalObjectId?

Regards,

Vladimir

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:46 PM