Release Candidate 2013 is missing scaffolding RRS feed

• Question

• User-725075801 posted

I have instaled the RC and uninstaleld the RC and resinatslled but no scafolding.

Instead of having Add new Scaffolding item on the menu i have scoffolding thats opens a empty dialog.

i hope this is not how th4e finale release is going to be.

Could this be that i had preview on my computer before? i deleted visual studio folders from docuents and programfiles after unistall as well as from the registry but still the same.

any help

Thanks

Monday, September 9, 2013 10:44 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

HI ThatsIT

Visual Studio 2013 RC includes pre-installed code generators for MVC and Web API projects.

To use ASP.NET Scaffolding, you must have:

•Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 RC

•Web Developer Tools (part of default Visual Studio 2013 RC installation)

•ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2013 (part of default Visual Studio 2013 RC installation)

To add a scaffold, you right-click either the project or a folder within the project, and select Add – New Scaffolded Item,

From the Add Scaffold window, you select the type of scaffold to add.

For this issue, I'd like to suggest you to repair your Visual Studio 2013 RC first,

To repair Visual Studio

1.In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2.In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

Regards

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:36 PM
  • User-725075801 posted

Thanks

But i have repaied, i have even re-installed windows 8, but there is no New Scaffold item in the add menu. I mainly program in VB, but if I create a C# mvc project i can see a scaffold menu item just as there was in the preview. I am using VS2013 RC Ultimate.

Thanks

Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:36 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI ThatsIT

I mainly program in VB, but if I create a C# mvc project i can see a scaffold menu item just as there was in the preview.

Sorry for the issue that you are hitting now,

Here is an example of using scaffolding in an MVC project, please check whether you follow the procedures to do that,

# Getting Started with ASP.NET MVC 5

Regards

Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:29 AM
  • User-725075801 posted

Yes that is what i get with my C# project, but not VB, I was expecting to see a differnt menu item New Scaffold Item as mentioned in this thread and as i saw elsewhere. Seeing the menu item as simpley Scaffold in this tutorial is confusing, but is trhe same as i have. Maybe there is no scaffolding for VB yet.

Seeing VB was the first language for Visual Studio back in the day of VS6, it seems today we come last.

Thanks

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:01 AM