none
Which legal document needs signing to be able to submit drivers for attestation signing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to submit a driver for attestation signing. I went to the submission dashboard here: https://sysdev.microsoft.com/en-GB/Hardware/member/FileSigningServices/Default.aspx.

I chose Create driver signing submission and it told me legal documents needed signing and redirected me to the Legal Agreements page where there was a list of 11 documents. Which ones need signing, I asked somebody who is authorized to do so in our organization to sign "Windows Compatibility Program and Driver Quality Attestment Testing Agreement". But, I still get redirected back to the legal agreements page. Which of the docs that show up with the Filter: "Task: Assertion signing" need signing? Is it all of them?

Thanks,

-Scott

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:38 PM

Answers

• To submit for certification these two legal agreements are required to be singed:

Windows Certification Program Testing Agreement v1.0

Windows Logo License Agreement for Hardware Version 2014 /Windows Logo License Agreement for Hardware Version 2015

For attestation submission these agreements will need to be signed:

Windows Compatibility Program and Driver Quality Attestment Testing Agreement

• Marked as answer by Scott Langham Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:38 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

FYI: yesterday, I've sent an email to sysdev at microsoft.com with the exact same question.

I'm waiting for an answer. I will post here the response.

We are developing Network Drivers, and I don't understand why we have to agree and sign this list of 11 documents. Some of them are about Multi-GPU products, some of them are about Antimalware programs. And to me the 2 last documents are about certification and compatibility programs for HLK/HCK Submission (they are talking about some fees that will be charged to the company). So I'm really confused.

Regards,

Fred.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:05 AM
  • To submit for certification these two legal agreements are required to be singed:

Windows Logo License Agreement for Hardware Version 2014 /Windows Logo License Agreement for Hardware Version 2015

For attestation submission these agreements will need to be signed:

• Marked as answer by Scott Langham Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:38 PM
  • Please see reply above.
  • Hello,

Thanks for your answer but this is still confusing.

Are you talking about "assertion signing" (instead of "attestation signing") ?

When I select "Create driver signing submission" from the Dashboard, I get a page saying "Please sign legal documents" with a link to the Legal agreement center. There I have a list of 11 document to be agreed and signed.

So I don't understand why you are saying that only 2 documents have to be signed. Or do you mean that if I sign only these 2 documents then, when I will select again "Create driver signing submission" it will be OK ? (my understanding is I will still have 9 documents to sign, but maybe I'm wrong).

If this is Ok (only 2 documents are required), I've anyway a question regarding "Windows Certification Program Testing Agreement v1.0" document. Section 6 talk about payment and fee. I don't understand if my company will be charged (and how much) if I just submit files to be signed. If there is finally no fee, why this document needs to be signed ?

Thanks,

Fred.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:33 AM
  • Thanks, we've signed:

And I can now get to the driver submission page.

Thanks very much,

-Scott

Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:38 PM