none
Getting script error in updating Visual Stdio 2013 after using the 30 days trial version

Question

• My 30 days trial version of Visual Studio 2013 has expired. So i want to update it. While i am updating Visual Studio 2013 i am getting script error.Kindly help to solve this problem.

The Error is:

https://app.vsaex.visualstudio.com/_public/_Bundling/Content?bundle=vss-bundle-view-vafSHfMuf6nTON9IWl209727cTZIfVAatxyoatHoAxts=

Sunday, April 09, 2017 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi gita123,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

How did you update visual studio 2013?

>>My 30 days trial version of Visual Studio 2013 has expired.

Once you download visual studio from Microsoft download site, you will get 30 day trial. After the trial period, you have to register VS to use it, signing in to Visual Studio adds 60 days to the evaluation period. After this, to continue to use the product, you should pay for a valid product key.

Visual studio community 2017 is free to use, you could use it permanently after you sign in it.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 2:25 AM
  • Hi gita123,

Does your issue is solved or not? If not, please share the screenshot of the script error or the detail script error message in here, it will help us to analysis this issue.

Like Joyce said, after 30 trail days, you need to sign in VS 2013 with your Microsoft account. If you meet this script error when you sign in, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Make sure IE is upgraded to IE 11 and set it as the default browser
    2. Enable the JavaScript feature in IE, go to Internet Options-Security-click Custom level, scroll down to the Active scripting section, and then click Enable.
    3. Troubleshooting connections from Internet Explorer & Visual Studio to Visual Studio Online
    4. Open the default browser IE11 and access the Microsoft account login page: https://account.microsoft.com/account and sign in with your Microsoft account, if it works fine, which means your Microsoft account is valid.

Now the latest update for VS 2013 is VS 2013 update 5, if you have not installed yet, please directly download the VS 2013 update 5 to upgrade it, then check this issue again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:37 AM