AppCert fails even while testing Games and Sports applications

Question

• Hi All,

I tried validating my app with Windows App Cert Kit and it resulted with "Failed". Then i tried validating the built in apps such as games and sports and Windows App Cert Kit failed for both of them too. 

What can be the reason? AFAIK if your app fails this test it would not be accepted to the store.

All of the tests are executed on a computer with no other running programs and a plenty of memory for the mentioned apps. 

Thanks

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:54 AM

All replies

• Can you provide the details as to what phase of the tests your app failed and the reason? It should be called out in the summary report at the end of the test. Were the other apps failing for the same reason?

David Lamb

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:19 PM
  • Hello David, 

App failed at Performance launch category. I read the documents and know that app must launch in less than 5 secs on different hardware configurations for windows8. 

I run the test on my development machine and on the same machine i can test App Launch manually and see the app launched about 1 sec. I tried app launching from start sreen, and through search contract. In both cases it launched successfully less than 2 seconds.

Are there other ways to launch an app? App only implements search contract.

Also is it possible to get more information from WACK Tool such that your app couldn't launched in five seconds when launched from bla bla.  It is hard for me to point the exact problem looking at the explanation "Application Error: Application Launch was not detected for application [AppName]  This could be because your application failed to launch correctly. Please consider re-running the test and avoid interacting with the application while tests are running."

Even i dont suspect, i tried removing some operations performed on launch and re-run the test but  it did not help either. 

Thanks

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:20 AM
  • This seems to be a very similar situation to my certification problem. Please have a look at here; 
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsstore/thread/a5a2dd0a-b941-4c01-bc90-86855f87b760

I wanted to get support from Microsoft but they only proposed me to search on developer forums.
    I can't still find an exact solution and publish my app in store. Could you publish your app in store?

Monday, February 11, 2013 4:39 PM